Two Fail Proof BBQ Chicken Recipes
You'll never believe you could get such moist chicken from the grill
Saturday, June 24, 2017
If you've had much barbecued chicken, you know it is usually either so dry you can hardly chew it, or it's burnt on the outside and still raw on the inside. Grilled chicken doesn't need to be this way. Try these recipes for perfect chicken from the grill.
General Tips For Grilling Chicken
If you are cooking chicken with a barbecue sauce, be careful that it doesn't contain much sugar. Sugar burns at a relatively low temperature, so putting sweet barbecue sauce on fatty chicken skin is sure to cause charred chicken. Even if you take the skin off, the bitter flavor will still be there.
If you want to use barbecue sauce, brush it on just a few minutes before you take the chicken off of the grill. By doing this, you can have the flavor from the sauce, but you won't risk burning the meat.
Chicken should be cooked slowly. The faster you cook it, the drier it tends to be. Using low heat for a long time will help it stay moist, and using a dry rub will give it a lot of flavor without leaving anything to burn.
Honey Barbecue Chicken
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
12 tablespoons barbecue sauce
6 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon red pepper
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chives
1. Boil the chicken in hot water for a few minutes before you place it on the grill. This will help make sure the insides are cooked before you finish it on the barbecue for the great grilled flavor.
2. Arrange the chicken breasts on the grill over medium heat. Generously baste them with barbecue sauce and honey, and sprinkle with the spices. Turn once while cooking and cook for four to five minutes on each side.
Marinated Chicken Breasts
Marinating meat helps it stay moist while cooking. This flavorful chicken is both quick and tasty.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup spicy mustard
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon tarragon
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all of the ingredients except the chicken and mix well.
2. Roll the chicken in the marinade and thoroughly coat all sides. Refrigerate in a re-sealable bag or covered glass dish for fifteen minutes.
3. Grill over low to medium heat for fifteen minutes. Turn it once during cooking.
Chicken is one thing that can taste awful if it's not done well. However, you can successfully grill moist and tasty chicken dishes by following these simple recipes.