The Two Greatest Beef BBQ Recipes
Perfect beef recipes for new and experienced BBQ lovers
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Beef is one of the meats that are just made for cooking on the grill. Whether you prefer a great cheeseburger or a thick steak, beef can fit the bill.
Guidelines For Grilling Beef
Generally, choice cuts of beef are best for grilling. This is because they contain more fat, or marbling, so they are less likely to dry out. Most beef should stand at room temperature for about half an hour before grilling. Rub it with olive oil just before placing it on a hot grill to get perfect grill marks.
Barbeque Bob's Secret to Success Do you have problems with your steaks curling while you cook them? Cut the outer layer of fat at one inch intervals around the outside edges and it won't happen again.
The Perfect Bacon Cheeseburger
If you're going to forget about your doctor's cholesterol warnings and go all out, this cheeseburger made with ground beef will take you back to your childhood. Serve it with all the trimmings -- sliced tomato, onion, lettuce, and ketchup and mustard. Don't forget the pickles!
6 slices bacon
2 pounds ground beef
salt and pepper
6 slices of sharp Cheddar cheese
1. Cook the bacon until it's very crisp, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
2. Make six hamburger patties from the ground beef. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Grill over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn it once halfway through the cooking time.
4. About a minute before you take the burgers off the grill, put a slice of cheese on each patty and allow the cheese to melt. You can also toast the buns on the grill for a few seconds.
5. Top with the bacon and let each person build their own burger by adding their favorite toppings.
Herbed Beef Tenderloin
Here's a more sophisticated beef recipe. It's not a lot more work, though, and tastes wonderful.
4 beef tenderloin steaks (about 1" thick)
1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried tarragon
1 teaspoon dried chives
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Combine all the herbs and rub it into both sides of each steak.
2. Grill directly over medium heat until they are cooked to your preference. Seven minutes will be rare, nine minutes will be medium, and eleven minutes will be well done.
Cheeseburgers are perfect for budding grill chefs, but the steaks are not much harder and would be great for those who are working on their BBQ skills. These are two great beef recipes to get you started.