The Lazy Way To BBQ An Entire Meal
Using foil packets makes an easy instant meal
Thursday, May 24, 2018
One-dish meal recipes are a popular short cut in the kitchen, and you can enjoy the same convenience on the grill. Using foil packets, you can cook everything at once and have an instant meal. These meal recipes are a great way to make a quick meal without heating up the kitchen.
1 lb ground beef
1 cup Cheddar cheese, grated
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 green onions, chopped
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 medium potatoes, sliced thinly
1 cup baby carrots, boiled for 3 minutes
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1. Mix everything except the vegetables in large bowl. Stir until well incorporated.
2. Make four hamburger patties.
3. Tear off four sheets of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Arrange a quarter of the sliced potatoes on the foil. Top with a hamburger patty and then one quarter of the remaining vegetables.
5. Fold the foil over and seal each packet. Leave a little room for the contents to expand while it's cooking.
6. Grill over medium heat for 25 minutes. Turn a couple of times.
Asian Fish Packets
This is a slightly more exotic one-dish meal. It's just as easy to prepare, cook, and clean up, however! Put rice in the rice cooker and your meal will be ready in minutes.
4 fish fillets
1/4 cup mirin (Japanese specialty wine)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and stems removed
1. Combine the mirin, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and red pepper flakes in a covered glass dish.
2. Add the fish and allow to marinate for twenty minutes.
3. Fry the spinach with the peanut oil and garlic until it is wilted.
4. Tear off four squares of aluminum foil. Place spinach in the center of each, then top with a fish fillet. Pour a little of the marinade mixture over each fillet, then seal.
5. Grill over medium heat for about fifteen minutes.
Italian Chicken Packets
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
5 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup basil pesto
1. Tear off four large square of aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place a piece of chicken on each foil square, and top each with one quarter of the vegetables and pesto.
3. Seal the packets, allowing some room for the contents to expand during cooking.
4. Grill over medium heat for 25 minutes. The chicken should be thoroughly cooked in the center.
Foil packet meals are the quickest way to get meat and vegetables to the table in minutes. The best part is these meals are so easy to clean up! Just bundle up foil and toss it, then sit down to enjoy your meal.